Activated Carbon Properties
Activated Carbon products can be put to a range of uses, including the purification, concentration, and separation of gases from liquids, purifying drinking water, wastewater, and sewage treatment as well as controlling emissions. They also have further applications in the food, chemical, and pharmaceutical industries.
Our Activated carbon products are made from top quality raw materials to ensure the highest quality during the manufacturing process. By maintaining high-quality control standards, the end-user is able to achieve high adsorption of their molecular impurities. Activated carbon is especially effective in removing trace organic compounds.
Activated Carbon Advantages
Our products have the following advantages over many other types of carbon:
- High hardness levels and low dust levels. This improves material handling characteristics and is especially important where carbon fines cannot be tolerated
- High surface area, up to 1400 m2/g. This allows for long life and high adsorption capacity
- High retentivity, preventing unwanted desorption of adsorbed species.
- Large fraction of micropores (< 20 Angstroms). This is important for removal of low-molecular-weight organics and for removal of trace levels of contaminant
- Low ash and fewer impurities
Activated Carbon Applications
Activated carbons are ideal for gas-phase applications and for liquid-phase applications where purification to trace concentrations is required. Our Activated carbon adsorbents are used in many domestic and industrial applications.
Water and Liquid Applications:
- Municipal water treatment - taste, odour and micro pollutant removal
- Domestic water treatment - in-line and cartridge filters
- Process and Industrial water treatment - Reduction of total organic halogens (TOX), biological oxygen demand (BOD) and chemical oxygen demand (COD) and dechlorination
- Ground water treatment - Reduction of total organic halogens (TOX) and absorbable organic halogens (AOX)
- Purification of edible oils and fats, alcoholic and soft drinks etc
- Gold mines for adsorption of metal and cyanide complexes from Carbon-in-pulp (CIP), Carbon-in-column (CIL) and heap leach circuits
- Swimming pools - for removal of residual ozone and control of chloramine levels
Air and Gas Applications
- Air purification and environmental protection - Removal of solvents and hydrocarbons, deodorization, air conditioning, flue gas treatment
- Cleaning process gases - Removal of contaminants from hydrogen, natural gas, carbon dioxide, solvent recovery
- Protection equipments - Gas masks, removal of harmful of toxic compounds, cigarette filters